Sunday, May 16, 2010

New technique cards - at least for me!

It took me many hours, but I finally got it! I did a square cut-out on the Cricut but I had to figure out the positioning. I still struggle with translating from the screen to the Cricut!! I've got 4 more to do today (with vellum instead of transparency so I want to see if I can position it to cut two at one time.

I used Core-dinations cardstock in black for the frame - embossed with Cuttlebug Moroccan - thought about sanding but I like the muted design better. I printed the hand on the transparency and sandwiched it with the frame to the white cardstock. Next time I'm going to do the card in color and adhere the transparency to the back with white behind it - much easier than trying to line up the frame!! Oh wait, that won't work - I want the verse to show through and it is too long to adhere - okay...I'll have to think that through some more.

The verse (Psalm 139 - we are in the palm of His hand - love this) is printed on vellum and adhered to white paper and glued into the card.

I used fiber to go through both pages of the card (the verse page and the blank inside page). I look at my fiber and wonder what I'll do with it so when I figure out an application, I get excited.

I hope you enjoy the card. Pati, this is the one I was dreaming about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment