Saturday, February 28, 2009

I enjoyed scrapping last night. Got most of my birthday cards for April done.

My devotion today was a good one for my family. In fact, within 30 minutes of reading it, I was able to use it while talking with Brad and David.

It talks about a movie where a guy loves baseball and becomes fanatical during baseball season. His girlfriend breaks up with him because she isn't going to compete with his obsession. A friend told the guy, "You love baseball but does it love you back?"

The devotion goes on to say: "We pour lives into hobbies, pleasures, activities, work - many good things. But two things should always be thought about when making our choices. Jesus said, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart... You shall love your neighbor as yourself" (Matt. 22:37,39). When it seems our life is getitng out of balalnce, the question, "has that hobby or activity or thing ever love me back?" may help to keep us in check. Loving God and loving people are what really count."

Keep moving closer to God. Moving anything that gets in the way. Have a great weekend - get rest and relax and enjoy the time God gives you.

No comments:

Post a Comment