Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My devotion today was from Exodus 33:1-11 - God's Majesty.

The author wrote: The most costly sins I have committed came at a time when I briefly suspended my reverence for God. It is time for our love for God to move away from a sentimental model to something closer to a father/son model. We need to learn to reverence, obey, and thank God; to express approproiate sorrow for sin; to pursue a quietness in which we might hear God whisper.

I examine myself. I think my relationship is more of a sentimental nature. I did not have a great model for the father/son or mother/daugther relationship so it is hard to move in that direction. I want to but I don't know how. What is it supposed to look like?

I want my relationship to be such that I can hear God whisper. That I'm close enough to Him that His mere whisper is all I need.

1 comment: