Saturday, May 28, 2011

Challenges 5-28-11

Good morning friends. I'm so glad the weekend (3-days) is here! It's been a long week. We've moved into our new office (my home) and it's been a stressful. But we are getting there.

Got to spend time on cards this week. This first one is for a challenge at Shopping Our Stash. Use old ribbon or a large stash of ribbon or use ribbon in a new way. This first card uses a large stash of Stampin Up ribbon to make a flower using a new techniques (Gluber). If you haven't seen the Glubers, find them. They are large glue dots to make these gorgeous ribbon (or fabric) flowers.


I wanted to use up my paper from the card above so I I made this version. This is using an old ribbon from stash.

This card is for the Play Date Challenge. Use black and white with a splash of green. I was a friend's scrapping and she had this bamboo paper (I didn't bring any black paper!).


Used up the last of my green ribbon above - my goal is to use up some of my older ribbon before I'm allowed to buy new (although I did just get about 8 rolls of Stampin Up ribbon that was on sale :)

This card was designed to use the star ribbon but I think the rest of it came out cute.


We (Pati and I) went to several LSSs yesterday - out of 5 we visited, 3 are closing (one will reopen under new ownership). Was going to go with Pati to another LSS closing but the phone guy is here to finish up my office lines - ugg, would rather have been shopping.

I have a little scrap-budget money left from yesterday. Oh well, plenty of on-line stores I can visit :) Or maybe I should save it for when I've finished Shopping Our Stash challenge and need to replenish...naw, that's no fun.

Have an awesome weekend and take time to remember those who have fallen in service for our country. If you see a military person or veteran, be sure to let them know you appreciate their service and dedication to our country. Serving in the military is a sacrifice - whether at war or at peace.

God bless our military men and women and their families. God bless America.

12 comments:

  1. THREE cards, whoa. Nice job on all three of them! Thanks for playing over at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards but love your PDC card, such a striking design :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flower ... Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great CAS card for the colour splash Susan - Love the ribbon as your green splash - thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great use of your older stuff...out with the old and in with the new! that is how i play it anyway...only it is usually more new in than old out...thanks for joining in the sos this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fabulous are these three- love that ribbon with stars and the pretty pink ribbon flower. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed all three of your cards and pretty ribbons that you used! Thanks for joining us at SOS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first two cards are LOVELY. That ribbon rose is divine and so is the colour combo -soft and gentle.

    The second card is classy to the core and the third one is so happy and cheerful.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  9. That fabric flower is just gorgeous - I love the muted colours of your card too!

    Thanks for joining us over at SOS! for our 'Ribbon Rewind Challenge' this week.

    xo Lou Mac ~ Guest Designer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all THREE cards! Aren't you the over-achiever? (HAHHA!!) They're all beautiful and the ribbon rose? WOW!! Super lovely.

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at SOS! Tune in tomorrow for a brand-new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such great cards! LOVE the simplicity of our take with that fun, bamboo paper! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Looks like you've been busy! Great cards shared today! Beautiful CAS card for the splash of color! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the PDCC and joining in the FUN!

    ReplyDelete