Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Another challenge card - 3-9-11

I've decided to try some more challenges - just because they are so much fun and make me think outside the box.

This challenge is the Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab World. Isn't this just the sweetest picture!


So all day I've been thinking about this card and it was gorgeous! Then I get home to put it on paper and .... well, not so. I've decided that I'm just not a tear-er. I can never get it to look nice like I've seen on some many other cards.


The the flowers gave me fits - my hands are just too big for such delicate work. I started with beautiful button flowers from Stampin Up but they were too big for the bench. Then I punched them with a Stampin Up mini flower punch - still too big. Then I remembered my flower hole punch - perfect size.

I may retry this card without the tearing - maybe cut a border around the edges with the Cricut.


I got the background stamp out and thought to myself, "self, why did you buy this stamp" but then I see it under the flowers and I really like it. It is stamped on vellum and then attached to the pink cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by. Keep your heart open, you may change a life with your creativity, Susan

4 comments:

  1. I really like what you did with this card very nice !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I like both cards! I like the tearing :) It takes a while to feel like it's *right* when it's not your usual style. I also love that you shared it even though you don't like it - I find that really hard to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Susan! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete