Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Genealogy

Gotta love the internet! For My Lifestory project, I'm to put together a family tree. I have spent the last week researching the internet and found more pieces to my family tree! Oh how I wish my parents and grandparents were alive. I have so many questions! I'm hoping to find pictures of at least some of these relatives - fortunately I have them from my Mom's side.

Thanks to a cousin in NC, Derick Hartshorn, I have my Mom's Father's family history clear back to the 1700s. My Dad's Dad proved much harder. I can only get back to my great grandmother's name. Very few records to find...can't even find my great-grandfather's name. Sad : (

Hopefully we'll find more info when we visit cemetaries in Wheeling and Van Wert.

If you're parents are still alive (or you're lucky enough to still have grandparents alive) TALK TO THEM. Get as much info as they can remember. Names, dates, whatever. Trust me, you'll be glad for it one day.

Also, a shout-out to one of the guys at work, Ron Johnson. He has given me tips in my search!

No comments:

Post a Comment