Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cards 6-26-11

Hello friends. I made some more cards inspired by the latest edition of PaperCrafts magazine.

This first card I stamped the cardstock to make my own "patterned paper". I like the effect. I know, I know, this is an old technique but it's new for me. I'm also trying to do more with layering with my cricut cut-outs.

Also, a shout-out to my crocheted flower!! I've got some done in different colors which I will be putting in my Artfire store soon.

This card I finished 3 times before I finished it. You know what I mean :P The second finish was to add the hearts and the third was to ink the top and bottom edges. I guess my style is not clean and simple because that always looks undone to me!

Oh, I used my roller stamp from Stampin Up. I bought 3 of these and this is the first time I used one.

Don't you love the butterflies? I cut them out of patterned paper in blackout and the put the patterned one out of vellum (yes, I'm still learning how to use my Cricut). I really think they are cute.


This is my least favorite card today. Just didn't come out quite like I wanted. The one in the magazine is sooo much prettier. I don't ink my embossing folder very well (or maybe my pink ink was too dark). Maybe I should have used pop dots and made the top piece stand up...maybe next time.


Hope you had a relaxing weekend and are recharged for the work week to begin. Thanks for stopping by, Susan

1 comment:

  1. Wow beautiful cards and I love that crochet flower!!!! Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete