Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mom - thanks

Happy Mother's Day.  I hope you had a pleasant day today.  I did :)

There's a challenge on Scrapping Everyday Miracles to create a page inspired by our mom - and the twist (there's always one!) is to use a page from a book. 


My mom inspired me to create.  She may not have sat down and taught me to craft but I saw her devote time to it and knew it was important to do those things that I enjoy.

The top left picture is one of my favorites - senior picture, I think.  The top right is one my favorites because it captures my mom's playful side.  She loved having her picture taken - you should see her hamming it up in earlier photos and videos!  I included my wedding picture because Mom was there when we asked her to be.  She lived in Louisiana and most her kids lived in Ohio - but she made that trip (usually driving) when she could if there was something we invited her to.  The bottom right picture is one that I recently discovered.  I love the look on her face as she looks at her children (5 of the 7, I'm the one at the right bottom corner.

I didn't always feel loved by my parents but I know they did.  As an adult I can look back and see it in so many ways - in so many things said.  I've lost both my parents (Dad passed 17 years ago and Mom 4 years ago).  I miss my Mom a lot.  Which seems strange to me because we weren't close in the traditional sense ... but I miss her being a phone call away, visiting her and seeing what craft project she had for us, listening to snippets from her past (even though they were rare).

Okay, enough of that...it's Mother's Day.  My son got me a rose and a funny card (which is just like him).  Yesterday I got to spend time with my family and my husband's family.  It's been a good weekend.

Thanks for stopping by.  Keep your heart open and your creativity can change someone's day.  Susan

7 comments:

  1. Thank you Susan for joining in our challenge at Scrapping Everyday Miracles. Your layout is lovely and a special way to remember your mother. I like the book page hearts with appropriate definitions on them. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the book page hearts! Very beautiful page :) Thanks for sharing your story - it really moved me and I'm so grateful you were able to do a page to remember your mom in this way. It really is lovely! Thanks for joining us at SEM :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, this is just lovely. So glad you made time to participate. I know exactly how you feel about missing your mother now that she's gone despite not being close, I am right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan I love all the hearts it's absolutely fabulous, Thank you for playing along with us at SEM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on this challenge...lovely layout and beautiful story. Thanks so much for joining us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you used the pages in your layout... Nice project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the layout and I just really loved what you shared. Thank you for sharing! It was fun having you join in on the fun over at SEM... hope to see you join the challenge this month too..

    ReplyDelete