Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dad

My Dad passed away 16 years ago. His wife said he didn't want a funeral and wanted to be cremated. We a memorial service for him because it was for his kids and we needed to mark his passing. One day I get this map in the mail of Holmes County, OH (Amish Country) and it had a mark on the paper "Don rests here".

Last month, we went for a drive in Holmes County and I remembered this map. My husband found the spot, at least where we think it is. It is kind of pretty. These pictures were taken in winter but I bet it is very lovely in Spring. We may go back by there next time we're up there in nicer weather.





Thanks for stopping by. Creativity can be for others but it can also be for yourself. Let your creativity heal your hurts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment