Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love You card

I CASEd this card from Dawn McVey out of CARDS magazine.



Isn't this angel adorable. I found it on Becca's blog and had to recreate it. I went to Hobby Lobby and all the components were 1/2 off! Can't wait to make a card using it.


I finally figured out the crocheted flowers. Found the crochet string at the thrift store (of all places) and I'm making flowers of all colors and combinations! I'll have to break down and actually buy string at Joannes if I decide to make different colors (all I have are blue, cream, red).


The pattern I'm using (thanks to Chat's Blog, Me, My Stamps & I) is:
chain 4 - connect to form ring
chain 3 (counts as 1 double crochet (DC); DC 14 (total of 15); slip stitch in top chain
{chain 2, 1 DC in first DC; 2 triple crochet (TC) in next DC; DC in next DC, chain 2 and slip in same DC} (pattern worked within 3 DC)
repeat { } to form 5 petals

I used a #5 crochet hook (tiny).

No comments:

Post a Comment