Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cheated

Sitting in church today I wondered why I was cheated so much in life. Cheated out of a normal childhood (but then, what is normal?), cheated out of a dad to take care of me, cheated out of having my parents around me when I needed them, cheated out of having a relationship with my younger sister who died too early. Cheated out of so many things ... where was God?

He was right there. From the very beginning, He was right there. He promised never to leave me or forsake me - and He didn't. Any distance between me and Him was caused by me. Any lost hope, any loneliness, any consequences..He can fill.

We live in a fallen world. We live with consequences of our own making or as a result of someone's choices. But God is always there. God is always ready to reconcile. God is always ready to forgive. God wants reconciliation. God wants relationship with us. God is love and wants us to be filled with Him, with love.

O Holy night...Jesus was born with one purpose...to die in my place so I could be reconciled to the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment