Monday, October 12, 2009

Updating

Yikes, it's been awhile since I've posted. Life is moving along. One awesome thing.. I was in church Sunday and really enjoyed being in service. I know this sounds strange, but I've been struggling with some things and going to church has been tough - looked for any reason to miss.

I love corporate worship but didn't allow myself to get involved. Hurt feelings, that kind of stuff. But why should allow someone else to steal my joy? Get behind me, Satan.

I was doing my 1st Place devotion before service started and it was about God is good. It just struck my heart in a way that made me realize that God is good. Okay, I know that is basic but when I read it...really heard it...it changed my attitude.

God is good. He can't be anything else but good. He can't give anything but good. Everything God gives me is good - even His reproof, instruction, wrath, whatever. He is good so He can't give anything that isn't good.

For some of you, this may be a DUH kind of read, but for me it was like a light went on. I have absolutely no problem relying on God during the tough times in life. In fact, I run to Him and He sustains me. However, when life is moving along with no big crises, I tend to rely on me.

But GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME. He wants me to live in His goodness all the time. He wants to do good through me ALL THE TIME.

My God is good and His goodness fills me. What will I do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment