Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Am I chasing the right stuff?

Matt 6:25-34 - Is life not more important that food and the tody more important than clothes? We so often get our priorities mixed up and worry about the external or the temporal. I forget that my life and how I live it and how I serve my God are so much more important than the house I live in and the stuff I accumulate.

If I wonder how much God really cares for me I just look at nature. I see the beauty and splendor He gave flowers and trees and birds and fish and I'm reminded that I am so much more important to Him. I know He wants me to have so much more - but my "more" is not always the same as His "more".

Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness...not stuff, not money, not food, not external, temporary things, but the everlasting Kingdom and His everlasting righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment