Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Photobucket Plan on spending the day scrapping!

I was reading my Bible (reading thru in a year and I'm behind a couple of days) and found several verses to share today.

Psalm 19 - wow. Love it. THE HEAVENS PROCLAIM THE GLORY OF GOD. The skies display His craftmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make Him known. The speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world. How beautiful.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer. This is my prayer. That my words and thoughts will please my Redeemer. He deserves so much more.

Prov 4:11-19 - I will teach you wisdom's way and lead you in straight paths. When you walk, you won't be held back; when you run, you won't stumble. Take hold of my instructions; don't let them go. Guard them, for they are the key to life. Don't do as the wicked do, and don't follow the path of evildoers. Don't even think about it; don't go that way. Turn away and keep moving.

I love the NLT wording. Don't even think about doing evil - where does sin start? In the mind. We rarely "slip" into a sin. It is usually a thought out process. So stop thinking about it. Don't go that way - action. Don't go where sin is. Don't go where temptation will be strong for you. Don't flirt with it - it will drag you in too quickly. Turn away and keep moving - amen! The Bible tells us to resist the devil and he will flee. It is our responsibility to take action - turn away, keep moving, resist. Don't be idle. Don't let sin come in and take up residence in your home. Move.

God is awesome. His Word is full of beauty and insight and direction. It has the wisdom we need to be free...to be whole...to be full of joy.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Post... NLT? Is that your harlequin? :) Thanks for updating, I look forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete